Friday, October 18, 2013

An act of kindness


      There’s no shop that sells kindness. We must build it within ourselves. We can transplant hearts but we can’t transplant a kind and a warm one. We go as we come to this world. In the end nothing is ours to keep. So let’s share what we have to those who have not.

     This story had happened last month when I’m about to go home in Miag-ao. Everytime i go home, it’s my hobby to buy foods to munch and a drink since the travel usually consumes an hour and a half. That particular day, i was very hungry and tired because i did not take my lunch for the reason that we have straight classes. When i reached the terminal or parking area of the jeepneys at around 8:00 PM, i quickly find my wallet inside my bag and look for something to buy and eat. I thought that there are no available stores or kiosks since it’s already late but fortunately, i found a mini store. What i did is look for bread or something that will full my stomach and get some drinks. When I’m done buying my foods, i get inside the jeep so that i can sit comfortably for i know that it will be full of passengers later because students or even workers will also go to their respective homes since weekdays is over.

      While i was started to open my bread and take some bite, i was distracted by a little boy who appeared outside the jeepney and was offering his palm as a sign that he wants also to eat as he was saying “Nong pangayo ko bi, gutom na gid ko. Wala pa ko ka panyaga kag panyapon”. At first i look at the boy’s face. He was like a typical street child. I think that if i will give my food to that boy, i will end up hungry for the rest of my travel but because he looks like really hungry, i gave my food to him and buy another food for myself with some money i left in my wallet. As i gave the food to that boy, i was very happy that i helped him in my own little way. On the other hand, the boy was also very happy to received the food proof that he eat the food quickly and said, “Salamat gid nong may panyapon na ko”.
    
      Upon hearing those words, i can say that what i did was right and no regrets in my part.

      Another act of kindness that I’ve experienced was when i was riding in a jeepney going to school. At first, i think twice if i will really go inside since it seems that all seats are fully occupied. But because i feel that i will be late for my first class and that we will have my exam, i take the jeepney. As what i have expected, it’s very crowded inside the jeep. I feel uncomfortable. It’s very hot and that i can smell the different scents of the passengers. Some are good to smell and there are also foul odours which i thinks causes by the warm weather.

       Along the way, a woman about in the early 40’s, caught my attention. Based on what she wears i can really say that she is an office worker. She caught my attention because of her good-looking face and stunning beauty. She was still smiling despite of the crowded situation. After 30 minutes, all passengers drop by and only the two of us left inside the jeepney. When she was about to stopped the jeep because she’s already in her office, i saw a pink wallet drop by the woman. So what i did was to immediately stop the jeepney and called the woman as i give her wallet. I think that she needs her wallet because i can see some receipts and cards inside for it was not fully closed. After i gave her wallet, he uttered a simple thank you to me. I feel great upon hearing those words. I can say that indeed, it’s good to help other people not just because you want a thank you from them but because you had helped those people who really need your help.

        It’s great to help other people even in your own simple way. Things happen because we choose to. We are where we are because we brought ourselves there. You can’t easily find a person who possesses kindness nowadays but still, it’s great to find one who is willing to help no matter what and without expecting in return. That act of kindness, even it is simple must be appreciated as well for we are giving an opportunity to help other people.

       Indeed, it’s better to give than to receive. It’s overwhelming on the part of the giver and the helper to give kindness to those people who wants their need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which team do you think will reign the hardcore this Governors' Cup 2013?